Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oye I have a new idea for a new series of dolls but I need to work on my drawing skills. I keep reading stories about people who didn't start making art until they were an adult but they are doing amazing things. I'm let let that be me and let the magic happen already.

I am so excited about the all of the new online classes that are popping up from my favorite artists. I am currently working on a class that gives you new ideas for painted backgrounds. I have been cutting out my own stamps like crazy and I have a slew of new printmaking books. My favorite used bookstore went under so they are selling all the books for $1. I love looking at art books from the 70's just because I get tired of seeing the same thing. I broke down and bought Printmaking + Mixed Media by Dorit Elisa and I am enjoying it. Dorit was in the first round robin that I participated in. I ran into someone who worked in the book at an art retreat and Dorit was sitting at the next table and was like I did that too. The whole thing was a bit of a mess because of one lager but a good introduction to how to have a good art exchange works.

No comments:

Post a Comment