Tuesday, May 24, 2011

House warming







We went to two house warming parties this weekend and for the first one we broke with tradition and bought a gift card so we didn't have to worry about getting a duplicate gift.  I made a flat card and a few days later I decided I didn't like it so I simply cut it up for parts.  I simply cut a few slits in 5x7 paper and folded them to make the box shape. One was slightly smaller than the other so it would fit snugly inside.  The holes in the side made me think of a viewfinder and I decided to make a mini diorama and added the trees to the top portion of the box.  After I bought the gift card I used it for parts to create the dirt under the trees.The finishing touches of the house number,a poem in Latin, and a photograph.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, thoughtful gift! I like to give gift cards for the same reason you mentioned here, and also relish the opportunity to create an artful "packaging" for it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete