Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Vitamin D Journal

 I have a small bad habit of making a journal and not finishing the last pages.  Last year I vowed to finish them off and I didn't get very far so I'm jumping back in.  I've dove back into the Vitamin D journal and since I only like half of the work in it I'm trying new things.

I updated the front page with PanPastel artist pastels. I like rubbing the color on with my fingers but I don't like having to apply fixative so it's a trade off.  My local art store carries all the colors now so I may buy a few more.The sets come with make up type applicators and I have a few of those that I got on sale a few years ago. You could simply make your own set with the $1 make up wedges and eye shadow applicators.  I love how they made the containers so you can make your own stacks as each of the containers can be connected  by simply discarding the lid.
http://www.panpastel.com/colors.html


Watercolors, Neocolor II,photos,color copy,and pens.

3 comments:

  1. I can relate to the problem of starting journals and not finishing them! In all other aspects of my life, I get really uncomfortable with not being done with a process once it's begun...but when it comes to art, I just can't seem stop myself from jumping from one thing to the next...and before I know it, I have ten unfinished projects laying out around the studio! It's hard for me to ignore new inspiration...because I feel if I wait to pursue it, I'll lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for going back to this unfinished journal, and working to complete it! This is definitely something I need to do, as well, as I look ahead to the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I get in the habit of working in a certain book and then I think of a new book I want to make and I start working in that. Some of the books are left over from classes I took years ago and never worked in once I got them home. A few months ago I stuck with one book and got so much work done. I left all the pages loose so I could rearrange the story as I went along before I bound them. It drove me a bit crazy but I was able to work fast because I gave myself a deadline. Cheers to summer.

    ReplyDelete