Friday, May 14, 2010




An artist who I love paints in bars so I thought I would give it a whirl. My boyfriend and I went to a spoken word event in a bar and we had a little time to kill so I drew this while he drank one of his favorite beers. I don't drink so we have only been to a bar twice in the 6 years that we have dated and it's only been in the past 6 months. He makes beer from scratch and loves to talk about politics.
I haven't had a drink since the 90's ( I think beer is gross) and I hate politics but I have a degree in International Relations (I was secretly an Anthropology major).

All and all a great night and if you like spoken word you know that it can be dicey at best. You will hit a bunch of great shows and then launch into a pocket of people who ramble and are talking about obscure items that no one can relate to.

Yesterday my mother, sister and I went to a museum to see quilts and then went to my favorite fabric store. I picked up a few yards and my mother found some fabrics for a baby quilt she is making. I'm not sure what we are doing today but a short trip to the mall may be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment