Thursday, September 16, 2010

Brown bag journal

I love looking at the back to school supplies and I bought these cast off book covers that are a great weight for book binding.  I used them to wrap around the covers and left them untreated so the owner can decorate them as she wishes.  I'll be interested to see how they turn out in the future.  The inside papers are 140lbs water color paper, brown, ledger and a few post cards thrown in. This was the second time I used pamphlet stitch and it's a great stitch to use if you are in a hurry.  I put a book together on the bus a few weeks ago on my way to a drawing class.

  The splatter is strawberry juice and I don't think I will ever be able to replicate the results but I love the way it turned out..  I would love to say it was on purpose bit it was a complete happy accident that I'm very happy didn't end up on my light green carpet. 

Happy Accidents abound.

1 comment: