Thursday, April 28, 2011

in progress


My first attempt to draw a mandala and it turned out okay.I wanted it to be fun so I wasn't very ridget with the measurements and I couldn't find my compass so I traced around everyday items in my apartment. I still need to play with the colors a bit but it was a fun exercise.  I didn't preplan the design I just knew that I wanted to use yellow and then orange and I changed my mind about the orange and went for brown, sage green then blue.  I tend to work really light in the beginning and then I went back 3 or 4 times and recolored in sections to make it more vibrant.  


I hit the jackpot this week with roses. Every yard has a giant blooming crop and our local garden in the park which is run entirely by volunteers is amazing. One of the volunteers was nice enough to give me a rose. I think you can see 155 different roses in this one spot on the outskirts of Balboa Park and so many of them smell amazing this time of year.

Enjoying the Rose Garden in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment