Thursday, May 19, 2011

Starbucking...hanging at Starbucks

 Finishing off some pages in my 8x8 journal. More dip pen love.  I was talking to a friend about fairy tales and I wanted to do something on Snow White and Rose Red with pictures I already had in my stash.  The Instax pictures (Fuji's version of Polaroids) flip up to reveal a broom and a bear sleeping in a rose (artistic license). The bear is not glued down so you can take him out and play with him.

If you don't know the story...Rose Red and Snow White live in a cabin with their mother and one night a bear knocks on the door.  He stays with them for months and they grow to love him but he has to return to the forest and guard a cave.  The dwarf steals money from the cave and ends up getting his beard caught several times on his way home.  The girls help him each time by cutting off a small piece of his beard.  The dwarf is angry every time they cut his beard and the last time the bear shows up and give him a nice smack that leads to the dwarfs demise. As soon as the dwarf dies the bears skin falls away and he turns out to be a prince and he has a brother and you can guess what comes next...double wedding.
                         Dip pen drawing and photo collage.  That weird yellow thing is the flash of my camera.
I thought it would be fun to make my own paisley patterns and it was a bit time consuming because I had to do it all in pencil first and then go back over it with ink.  I plan on making copies and using it in other collages later on.  A portrait of one of my friends , office worker by day and she's a belly dance teacher at night. In one of her dance troupes her partner is a scientist by day and yoga teacher/ international award winning belly dancer.

2 comments:

  1. What a treat to be able to check out your journal pages! I love how cute the journal cover and binding is...and I also love the neat photos you've incorporated into your pages! They leave me wanting to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You. It's fun to experiment.

    ReplyDelete