Monday, June 20, 2011

Sorting



          So I saw this one photo of a rail porter (circa 1912) that I wanted and then I thought hey why don't I ask this guy what he wants for the whole box.  I won't tell you what I paid cause it will make you cry but cheers for being in the right place at the right time.  I also bought a few old books and this coin purse in horrible shape was at the bottom of the box.  I have been looking for these little coin purses and I took it as a sign that I should have the whole giant box of pictures and it was right.  
          It's strange but I rely on my instincts when buying from yard sales.  I found several pictures last week at another sale but they gave me the creeps and I couldn't buy them.  I later found out that the people who they belonged to were recently put in a nursing home and 95% of the items in were being sold  because they weren't coming back to the house. Who knew shopping yard sales could be so emotional.  We hit another sale where bought a few handkerchiefs.  It was a yearly sale that the German league has to support their parade and it was a lot of fun digging through boxes as they were dropped off.  I can't wait to sort everything in the coming week.  I picked out a few pictures that will be perfect for the travel journal I am working on in my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment