Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yard Sale

       The price of cherries is finally down and I can afford them again hooray.  These were amazing and I had them over two days.  My friends vintage colander was the perfect shade of light Tiffany blue. My mom had the same color Tupperware and you don't see if very often in contemporary design..

       I have a mental list that I buy from when I go to yard sales and I hit the jackpot again this weekend.  I tend to read more fiction in the summer so I figured I would stock up on some best sellers that are also movies.  I can't read a book too close to seeing the movie because I tend to get mad at the changes but if a few months have passed my memory gets a bit fuzzy and it usually doesn't matter as much. The watch needs a new battery but that's worth it to feel like Indiana Jones minus the hat.. Total haul $14 only because the quilt was $10 and it is so soft and falling apart every which way. that I had to have it  We drove for well over 30 minutes to an estate sale at a church and one table was piled high with quilts and of course I had to have the saddest one.  I have already washed it but I'm not quite sure how I will repair it or simply preserve it to use. The back is off white with wonderful off white hand stitching.  The woman who sold it to me asked if I was going to make it into a stuffed animal, I saw all the cuts I wold have to make in my head and almost gasped out loud. I have a problem cutting things up and I have a few pieces of clothes that I bought to alter but sit perfectly unaltered in my closet. 

I think this type of quilt is called spider quilt and only one line of it is intact.

        
       What a fantastic weekend and the weather wasn't as grim as first reported so I was able to take a lot of walks in between pet sitting my favorite dog.  It threatened to rain most of the morning but ended up being  a bit of misty dribble while the sun was shining.  I am exhausted and plan to fall asleep as soon as the Tony awards are over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment