Friday, July 15, 2011

Busy Bee

      I try to cram all my errands in a certain neighborhood into one full day and these things can get a little bit hectic but most of the items on my to do list are fun so no complaints.  I found this amazing yard with giant sunflowers and only a few bees to watch out for as I snapped my pictures .I have only been stung twice in my life and they were 20 years apart and I would like to keep it that way.


        Between my walk from one appointment to the library I stop off for some dairy free soft serve. It's a family owned business so I try to go once a week to keep them in business (smile).  They feature a vegan flavor every day and it's across the street from a great Popsicle shop but I'm a ice cream girl at heart.
      Dinner with friends and I was very happy to receive a small piece of brown paper in the mail with a package and promptly turned it around and used it to wrap the flowers.  The brown ribbon came off a giant box of candy that I ate long ago and I painted lovely with liquid acrylics on the paper.
I'm working on putting together a file of original collage materials and it is a long project but I have been thinking about it for a year and I am ready to put it into action.

<-----working on new lettering techniques with my dip pen.  Not bad for the first pass but it has a way to go and something quick to do in the morning before getting out of the house..  

No comments:

Post a Comment