Wednesday, July 13, 2011

House sitting

       I read this book in a day and a half and it was a great way to kick off the summer reading season.  I gave myself the goal of reading 10 books by September 1st. I'm reading book 3 and 4 this week and enjoying every minute.  I'm sure Summer reading is left over from being a kid but I tend to kick up my fiction reading during the summer and go back to the craft and design books during the rest of the year.  I tend to take vacations in February or April so Summer vacation has become a thing of the past.
      I am officially in love with this wildflower display in a neighbors front yard.  It is so neat and filled with so many different flowers.  It is funny to say but when people plant wild flower mixes they don't look that wild but this family has this perfectly done and it comes up to your waist so I'm tempted to jump right in.
       I am so tempted to knock on the door of this house and talk to the artist.  This piece sits on a fence but I never see the dangerous dog this warns against.  They have a studio in the garage and I never see anyone inside but I see lots of canvases and easels tempting me inside.  Personally I'm sticking to watercolor but I am a sucker for childlike paintings on wood and canvas.

<-----My house sitting buddy. She likes to flop in front of the door to stay cool and listen for people walking on her sidewalk.  So cute and she let me take her on lots of walks and cuddles with me while I read or watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment