Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July

    We spent the 4th in Julian, a sweet little town known for it's Apple pie. We caught the tail end of the town parade and had a nice lunch and went through a number of shops and saw an inspiring quilt show.  The car was a bit north from our normal spot and I just had to walk up this winding stairway carved out of the hillside to see what was at the top.
   It was a nice old cemetery with plenty of benches and old grave markers that were well worn with time.  It was interesting to see how headstones have improved over the years.  The sky is full of giant rain drops that are threatening to fall.

I would love to come back and spend the day drawing.

 

It rained for a bit as we took the curvy road back to San Diego.
I always fall asleep on long trips but I did make it down the mountain reading my summer book before drifting off.

Happy July.

No comments:

Post a Comment