Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jornaling and cleaning

So the fun fact about my new camera is that if I hold it sideways to take a long picture the picture comes out sideways when I upload it to my blog.  I'm not the first person to complain about it and I do know how to fix it but editing a picture twice isn't the best way to spend my time.  I just have to remember to keep the camera horizontal at all times and I can avoid this problem.  Anyhoo I'm taking part in Traci Bunkers 30 Days of Get Your Art On, a little late but I'm zooming along in my journal.  If I spend all day working in my journal I could finish a whole page but alas that isn't possible or fun so I'll stick to my lazy squeeze it in schedule.  I'll post the finished pages at the end of the week.  I originally snapped this photo to remember the layout once I closed the book. Picture or not it changes throughout the process.

 I have to count up how many things I bought so I can throw out the same number of items when I put these away. We found so many great things at this one house and unfortunalty we ran into a little bit of memories determines price so I wasn't able to get everything I wanted. I settled for this old girl scout notebook,dish (from Denmark), Ledger with only a few pages filled out, embroidery thread, book binding supplies and these blocks  You can't put a price on memories but I had to draw the line at $5 for grandmothers homework. 


        

I think the blocks are my favorite thing because they are so quirky.  The seller didn't know if his grandad made or bought them. They have a series of fastners on them so you simply push them to keep them together. I didn't know until today that the bag also had the wooden beads that I can wear as a necklace.  These are the same beads that I see in current necklaces so I'm going through my ribbon collection tonight to see what I can put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment