Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend fun

Saturday drove up to Los Angles to attend the Renegade Craft Fair.  This is the 3rd time it has been held in Los Angels but they take place in several different locations. It was a very sunny afternoon but we had a great time walking around and drinking everything in.  I enjoyed talking to owners of the blog and online shops that I have only seen online. I have a big list of things I want to order and pleasantly surprised by the level of craftsmanship present. Unfortunately I had just eaten lunch so I wasn't able to visit any of the famous LA food trucks.  http://www.renegadecraft.com/los-angeles

The fair was close to China town at a state park adjacent to a light industrial part of town.  We ended up parking in the farthest point form the fair and were pleasantly  a surprised by the number of things to take pictures of walking to the fair.  This one is close to public transportation and plenty of free parking.  The car above was some sort of garden project but it wasn't clearly labeled so I may do a bit of research to find out more about it.  The giant planter box on the left is repurposed and across the street housed a nice open space with 20 or so boxes filled with flowers and edible plants.

I bought several lovely small pieces of felt from this vendor and I have no idea what I am going to make with them but I have a few ideas floating around all ready.

So many buttons so little time.

I was standing on this little bridge to nowhere and happy to be in a bit of shade and actually feel the wind running through my hair.  So happy to have a nice set of UPPERCASE magazines safely under my arm.  I have been looking at their website for a year but haven't bought the magazine because they are located in Canada and the shipping charges were too high one magazine.  I did find out the one shop in San Diego that carries the magazine so I can stock up on future issues.  I plan on keeping them forever so it's easy enough to justify the book like price.  They were also discounted at the fair so I was a happy camper.  I think a subscription will be my holiday gift to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment