Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Themes...Of rain and roses


     While working in my new journal I noticed a theme emerging by accident and decided to use it as a jumping off point.  Initially I created a number of pictures about the rain and then started painting and taking pictures of roses so it came about naturally.  It doesn't mean that all of the work has to be about the theme but it's the glue that holds everything together.  I need a lot of glue to stay on course.

       When I'm old and grey I would love to put a graphic novel or comic together but that's a long way off but my work is leading me to that.  The story of my life in pictures.  I am very lucky to have kept all my journals and slam (the notebooks you pass back and forth with your friends) books from high school and it would be fun to mess around with the old me in some artist way.  I wouldn't say I'm a much different person just less dramatic.  I thought the world was ending way to many times over nothing (smile).


Ganesha-he removes obstacles so its only fitting that he would be on the first few pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment