Monday, June 6, 2011

Baby Shower


One of my friends is a little over a month away from having her baby girl complete with a very long name picked out that I will soon have to learn to spell (smile).  Surprisingly I ended up being one of the few ladies who didn't buy anything pink as a gift. I knew I wanted to get overalls but I had to wait for those suckers to go on sale. I did a little freehand doodle stitching on some overalls that happen to match a pair I wear around the house so I already had a little practice. I also found a newborn shirt with a panda on it and cherry red shirt to match a chewbeads necklace for the mom to be.  If you haven't heard of chew beads they are made of non-toxic material and they are okay to chew by the baby and the claps will open if 5lbs of weight is put on it. 

The box was easy to make since I wasn't spending money on baby bag.   Simply cover a box with wallpaper (I've had this paper for years but it is still being made).  The design already had the squares on it and I made some black & white copies of vintage pictures and a red rose from my stash. Outline the pictures and paint gold liquid acyclic on the sides, then draw more boxes on the side. Cost 60 cents since I just had to pay for the copies but you could you cut pictures out of a magazine you already own.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment