Friday, June 10, 2011

Moleskin maddness

This could be called all the things I am loving.  Printed jackets,Heath ceramics, Bold Prints, books about dressing like a Parisian, Oxfords, websites to look up and ideas for making fantastic Pie and books I read at the library. Lust was my library book my sister picked out because it was a traveling journal. I found it to be kind of boring. The idea was for designers to write or draw about things they were passionate about totally my kind of topic but the contributions were very basic and granted I only flipped through it not very deep. Feel free to correct me on this if I need to take a second look. 

If I find a review of a book I want to read I immediately cut out the review or picture for the book and keep an eye out for it.  When I save pictures of clothes it's not always literal but just the idea of what I can put together from what I already own or something that I need to buy that will give me the same feeling.  A few years ago I was looking though a date book and I saw a jacket that I cut out and I ended up buying it a year later on eBay totally forgetting about the picture.  Pictures are fantastic memory jogs for me. If only the rememberall from Harry Potter were a true item.  My memory leans towards pictures and how things are arranged.



My sister is working on some project that includes cutting on a zillion heads from magazines so I'm still working on my collages and I've figured out a way to transport them in my purse. One envelope for magazine cut outs and one for photographs. I could put this all in one envelope but the photographs are intended for another project and I don't want to mix them up. Then I only need a bottle of glue.  Once the week rolls around I doodle on the page and add my notes. I've colored it in a bit more since this but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment